Sunday, February 13, 2011

Northwest Canyon - WIP

Hmmm, this is definitely work in progress...not sure I can reel this one in, but I'll give it my best shot. It's been a really interesting experiment in producing rich blacks.  Hopefully I can pull off the feeling of depth this canyon has.  The water is going to be tough too as it's very clear so that you can see the boulders in the bottom of this creek, but I still need to show the reflections of the canyon walls and greenery beyond.  Yep, this ones a stretch for me :-)  11"x14" canvas board.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like it will work..they always say if a painting works in the abstract...it will work! Looking like an excellent start. I'll check back to see where it goes next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it will work..they always say if a painting works in the abstract...it will work! Looking like an excellent start. I'll check back to see where it goes next. :)

    ReplyDelete