Monday, August 16, 2010

Brad Teare Blog

Stumbled across an artist who's work I really like, Brad Teare.  Turns out he has an amazing blog packed full of really good information.  Much of it is revolves around painting with Thick Paint, but there's much more information than that.  One of the things I really like is that his blog is a good mix of textual information as well as video shorts demoing various techniques that he's teaching. Only problem I see with painting as thick as he does...I'm not sure I can afford it - that's ALOT of paint!

Turns out his wife, Debra Teare, is also an amazing artist.  Her thing is Trompe L'Oeil...never heard of it before stumbling across her site, but it absolutely blew me away.  You have to check out the painting she calls "Textures in Tin".  Amazing what people can capture with a brush!

I'll definitely be spending some pouring over Brad's blog and pulling out things to try in my own 'fledgling' work ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words! I hope you're painting up a storm. Your paintings are great!

    ReplyDelete