Monday, January 31, 2011

The Magic of Color Mixing...

Past two nights I've been experimenting with a new palette that has many more transparent colors than the one I normally use.  I decided to run through another color table using this new palette and have also been mixing some of the color mixtures themselves to watch the effects.  I'm truly fascinated by color!  Here's a few shots of my "exercises".   When I'm done I'll have a nice set of color charts to reference for real paintins :-

I've already done two tables so those two colors are absent from this table.  This table is mixing Dioxazine Purple with every other color on my palette.





 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've never done this...and I know that Richard Schmid just insists that every artist should do it. I like how it looks...it's absolutely pretty!

    ReplyDelete